Thursday, May 24, 2012

Cranberry Train Coaches

I'd seen photos of these trains a few years back, but forgot they existed until Sace posted a few photos from them last weekend. After we made our final trip to Lincoln Park, I asked him to show me the trains. I'm a train junkie anyhow, so I thoroughly enjoyed this location. 3 Rail cars. One from Philly, and the other two from The Cape.

This is a photo of the Reading Company coach car 9157, taken in Philadelphia, PA back in 1964. 
 
And this is a photo of the same car(Reading Company9157) taken in Philadelphia, PA over a decade later in 1977.
Coach 9157, as it stands today.
   

The next two cars were part of the Cape Cod Railroad. 

This first car is the Cataumet Cafe. It was a tavern car built in 1957. At some point during it's storage, it suffered some fire damage.

The final car of the day was a Cape Cod Railroad coach 5438. 

No comments:

Post a Comment